How to get directories to submit your site - with this 5 steps guide!
Getting directories to list your site is easy!
Here are some steps which you can take to find directories:
1. Check out your competition backlinks. Your competition is sure to have got links from some directories. Try to get into those first.
2. Do a search in Google (the most obvious one!) using keywords like 'submit+site+directory’. You will come up with many directories for your site. And you can use your imagination to come up with a new combination of keywords for searching on Google.
3. Do a search in Google with "allintitle: web directory". I did a search with these keywords and came up with some good directories. Or you can use "allinurl: web directory" also. The command "allintitle: web directory" shows those sites which have the "web directory" word in the site title. Similarly the command "allinurl: web directory" shows those sites which have "web-directory" in the site URL. You can change "web directory" to "internet directory" or any other keyword of your choice.
4. Visit various Search Engine related forums. In almost every such forum you will find some threads discussing directory sub-missions. Follow such threads – dig deeper if needed! You will be aptly rewarded with lists of many directories posted by members of these forums.
5. Visit some good directories like http://dmoz.org, http://dir.yahoo.com, http://www.joeant.com, http://www.goguides.org, and search for the ‘directories’ category. These prominent directories provide lists of other good directories on the net.
Follow these simple 5 steps to get directories on your left, right, everywhere, and set your promotion campaign rolling!
Some useful resources:
<a rel="nofollow" href=http://www.hedir.com/groupthink/about29.html> http://www.hedir.com/groupthink/about29.html</a>
<a rel="nofollow" href=http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25> http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25</a>
Have fun hunting for directories!